On Being 30: Getting a Grip of It
Today is exactly a month after my time of reaching another decade in my lifetime, being 30 years old. There's not much of a change, but there are also a lot changes. I feel like every little part of my younger self was taken apart from who I am now, yet somehow it also creates of who I am becoming today.
I thought, turning 30 years old means I would have everything settled. I would know everything about life, and be the most successful person I would imagine to be. Turns out, 30 is just a beginning of life. I still figuring out things, confused about things, and basically clueless about most things. And that's normal, I guess. Apparently, I don't have to figure it out to feel content about my life. Turning 30 years old is a start to discovering who you want to be, not defining who you are.
My ultimate weakness is, I still can remember a lot of mistakes I did in the past, of things I wasn't supposed to do and what not. Wise man says that it helps you to learn from it. Believe me I'm trying. However, the reality sometimes gives you a different answer, beyond the expectation. Most of the times I keep doing the same mistakes again and again. Although, I also learn a lot after the very last miserable failure. People told me I'm wise enough for my age. At the same time, I feel like the dumbest stupidest person ever in the universe, because I'm never the wisest person when it comes to the decision I make for myself.
On this new age, there are some highlights of my life that I feel most grateful for.
The first highlight is: my marriage. To be honest, I didn't think I would get married this early. Yes, I was 28 years old back then, and yes, it was considered too old. I didn't think about getting married at all before. And apparently, it wasn't such a bad idea to begin. I got married to my husband two years ago, and it has taught me a lot since. He is literally my anchor, the yin to my yang, the earth to my fire, and literally the fireman to every rage I had in me. We can be best friends and the worst enemy to each other at the same time.
| A scene from our engagement ceremony on December 2023 |
| The look from the wedding ceremony morning |
0 comments